What's an Essential Oil?
Essential oils have been around for thousands of years, offering a variety of benefits from cosmetic and dietary purposes to spiritual and religious use. Extracted through careful steam distillation, resin tapping, and cold pressing, the purest essential oils are far more powerful than the botanicals from which they come. Any time you hold a bottle of Young Living’s powerful essential oils, you hold nature's pure essence.
So how can you use them?
Essential oils once extracted offer a variety of benefits. Common uses include aromatic diffusion, topical application and dietary consumption. Some of my favorite uses include:
- As a safe and effective cleaner - think hand soap, laundry detergent, all-purpose cleaning
- For my skin and hair care - reverse the signs of aging and have a natural alternative to toxic makeup and bath products
- For improving my mood - in my office while I work, or in a bath after a long day
- For meditation and spiritual awareness - activate the brain's limbic system which is assosicated with memory, emotion and state of mind
- As supplemental support - from tackling gut health to restoring balance and feeling your best